B.Braun Aesculap Spine VR is a virtual reality (VR) simulation of lumbar spinal surgery. It was developed by B. Braun Melsungen AG, a German medical device company. The simulation allows surgeons to practice lumbar spinal surgery techniques using the company’s ENNOVATE® and XP® instruments.
The VR simulation is designed to be as realistic as possible. It uses high-resolution graphics and haptic feedback to give surgeons a sense of the physical sensations of performing surgery. The simulation also includes a variety of interactive features that allow surgeons to practice different surgical techniques.
B.Braun Aesculap Spine VR is intended for use by surgeons who are already familiar with lumbar spinal surgery. It is not a replacement for clinical training, but it can be used as a supplement to help surgeons improve their skills.
The VR simulation has been praised by surgeons for its realism and its ability to help them practice new techniques. It has also been used in research studies to assess the effectiveness of VR training for surgeons.
Here are some of the features of B.Braun Aesculap Spine VR:
- High-resolution graphics: The simulation uses high-resolution graphics to create a realistic environment for surgeons to practice in.
- Haptic feedback: The simulation uses haptic feedback to give surgeons a sense of the physical sensations of performing surgery.
- Interactive features: The simulation includes a variety of interactive features that allow surgeons to practice different surgical techniques.
- Realistic environment: The simulation creates a realistic environment for surgeons to practice in, including a virtual operating room and a virtual patient.
- Variety of techniques: The simulation allows surgeons to practice a variety of surgical techniques, including discectomy, laminectomy, and fusion.
If you are a surgeon who is interested in learning more about B.Braun Aesculap Spine VR, you can visit the B. Braun website or contact the company directly.